Today I uploaded a prototype of Bratacha, a fun quiz game, online. Although the idea of Bratacha goes back to 2011 (it was, in fact, one of the first native iOS apps I ever developed), today marks the first time I have ever released a playable version online.
As I currently can not work full-time (or even part-time) on a project, Bratacha has the perfect small scale to actually develop a simple game while testing out a number of technical components, including, but not limited to:
- IL2CPP, C#6
- Nested Prefabs
- SVG Package
- Android App Bundle
- Google Play Instant Apps
within a live project.
In this very simple prototype, a country’s name is displayed in Irish, and the player has to choose the current flag.
I’ve always liked flags, and I enjoy flag quiz games. However, as far as I know, there is no flag quiz game as Gaeilge. So I decided that Irish would be the main language of Bratacha (which perfectly reflects the app name), with potentially other languages added in the future, for instance English, German, Polish or Russian.
Depending on the feedback I receive, I would like to improve this simple prototype into a full game and release it on the app stores. The main points that I would like to work on are:
- Additional game mode where the player must spell the name of the country.
- Boosters which show the answer or remove two incorrect flags etc.
- Another difficulty setting in which similar flags are displayed (i.e. for Ireland, flags of Italy, Mexico and Ivory Coast could be display along with Ireland’s flag).
- Social options: challenge your friends!
- Bonus Levels: Flags of Ireland.
- UI/UX Update.