Max 7 was released today and I’ve been busy checking it out. Lets just say it is pretty sick! For more info, check out this article by Peter Kirn from Create Digital Music.
Max has for years been a favored choice of musicians and artists wanting to make their own tools for their work. But it’s been on a journey over more recent years to make that environment ever more accessible to a wider audience of people. The aim: for beginners and advanced users alike, work faster, producing tools that work better. This is very quickly looking like the visual toolkit for media that Max has always longed to be. What’s new?
- Patch faster and prettier with a new UI, styles, new browser, and loads of shortcuts.
- Elastic, pitch/tempo-independent audio everywhere, syncable everywhere.
- Loads of pitch correction and harmonization and pitch effects, straight out of the box.
- Use Max for Live patches directly – even without a copy of Ableton.
- Use video and audio media directly, without having to make your own player.
- Use VST, AU plug-ins seamlessly, plus Max for Live patches – even without a copy of Ableton.
- Make video and 3D patches more quickly, with physics and easy playback, all taking advantage of hardware acceleration on your GPU.
Check out Peter’s article for more info! Let the patching begin!