- Level data is stored as customs assets. Board shape, pieces to initially place, points per stone and which stones are valid can all be assigned in the editor.
- Modular approach in which new levels can easily be added.
- Player data is saved to disk (via Binary Serialization).
- Localization is incorporated throughout.
- Optimized assets (Sprite Packer).
- iOS Launch Screen.
- A complete write-up of the game design can be found in GameDesignDocument.pdf.
The game can be played in the browser below:
Although the mathematics of idle games are quite complex, and game balancing wasn’t even considered due to time constraints, from an implementation point of view, Idle Capitalist is quite a well-functioning idle clicker. This prototype could easily be extended to form a full game.